How To Paint A Bathroom Cabinet With Chalk Paint
I did not use any primer either just 2 coats of chalk paint slightly watered down just slightly. Plaster of Paris is said to create a more durable finish but is a little more difficult to work with and may need additional thinning.
Going to do my bath in a few weeks.

How to paint a bathroom cabinet with chalk paint. Ill walk you through the steps to chalk paint a bathroom cabine. Learn what products to use with our Colorantic halk based paints paint brushes knobs glitter wax varnish and much more. I used an angled paintbrush to apply the chalk paint on oak.
Turn those 80s oak cabinets into something more modern and updated. In todays video Ill show you how to easily paint a bathroom vanity for CHEAP. Learn how to chalk paint your bathroom cabinets for a quick and cheap bathroom renovation.
Really painting outside in natural light would be ideal but I know taking the entire cabinet off the wall wasnt an option for me so it probably isnt for you. I will let you know how it comes out. Originally I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White on the uppers and Duck Egg Blue on the lower cabinets.
I did use a poly over top and they are working out great. Then I put 2 coats of clear polycrylic on top of the chalk paint. Prep Your Painting Area.
Other paint companies have also joined the fray including Valspar and Behr. Hi FriendsIn this DIY Im sharing how I painted our bathroom vanity cabinets without doing any sanding. Or removing any doors or drawers.
You really do have to seal it in the kitchen or bath. Traditionally chalk paint is finished with wax but because kitchen cabinets receive such heavy wear I wanted to use a finish that wouldnt need maintenance. Then I painted the raised border of the cabinet door and then the inside panel.
I just used a clean lint-free rag to apply the wax. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in graphite. Chalk paint famed for its matte chalky appearance is a brilliant way to spruce up worn-out tired-looking furniture including kitchen cabinets chairs internal doors and drawers.
See our recipe for chalk paint. Not too much exciting here. Be sure to allow the waxes to set between coats.
A common variation is 8 parts paint to 1 part powder and 12-part water. After a few coats of chalk paint I used 1 coat of natural wax then a coat of dark then another coat of natural for a super smooth finish. I did one at a time three coats of chalk paint on each side then three coats of Polycrylic over the chalk paint.
When one door was finished I hung it up to start on the other. If a matte finish is what youre after using a chalk-style paint might also be an option for your cabinets. The easiest way I found to paint the cabinet doors was to do the inside edge first.
Annie Sloan shows you the fastest way to update your kitchen cabinets by simply using Chalk Paint and Wax. Annie Sloan developed her unique and versatile d. Done now for about 6 months.
How to Paint Cabinets with Chalk Paint. Look at the detail and depth you get with dark wax. If youre painting inside this is the time to tape newspaper to the floor.
My go-to wood sealer is polyurethane but its a finish that notoriously yellows. Once the wood filler dried I sanded it very well and then was able to paint it. Learn how to chalk paint your bathroom cabinets for a quick and cheap bathroom renovation.
You can see the trim was already dry and was a slightly darker color. I did my kitchen cabinets with chalk paint. I did quickly wipe it down with a damp paper towel just to get off any surface dust however.

Things You Didn T Know You Can Paint By Decor Adventures Paint Makeover Budgetdecor Painted Vanity Bathroom Bathroom Vanity Decor Bathroom Vanity Makeover

Oak Vanity Update With Rustoleum Chalk Paint Glaze Diy Bathroom Vanity Makeover Diy Bathroom Makeover Rustoleum Chalk Paint

Pin By Kristina Self On For The Home Painting Bathroom Cabinets Bathroom Decor Home

Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Look Tired Painting Bathroom Cabinets Painted Vanity Bathroom Bathroom Vanity Makeover

Painting Master Bathroom Vanity With Chalk Paint Painting Bathroom Cabinets Master Bathroom Vanity Painting Bathroom

Before And After Bathroom Cabinet Valspar Chalky Paint In Woolen Stockings Walls Sherwin Painted Vanity Bathroom Painting Bathroom Cabinets Trendy Bathroom

Pin Auf Painted Bathroom Vanity

Pin On Blogger Home Projects We Love

Bathroom Vanity Makeover With Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Painted Vanity Bathroom Bathroom Vanity Makeover Oak Bathroom Vanity










Post a Comment for "How To Paint A Bathroom Cabinet With Chalk Paint"